Mushli (Chlorophytum borivilianum)
Treasures of Nature (Prakriti Ka Khazana) – Mushli
Mushli (Latin Name - Chlorophytum borivilianum), an endangered species of herb which grows in the natural habitat of Nepal, Sri Lanka and India in the Himalayan region. It has great medicinal importance and is known to cure hundred diseases and hence the name ‘Shatavari’. The plant parts of Mushli are used in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha medicines. The herb is known to have cold potency and is sweet in taste. The tubers and root of Mushli are used in medicinal preparations.
The roots of Mushli is used to prepare a tonic for uterine, to improve breast milk production and also to treat hyperacidity. This herb is considered to be one of the best and effective medicine to treat sex related disorders in men. It also provides several other health benefits along with enhancing the sexual performance and libido in men.
Medicinal Uses of Mushli:
- The herb possess very strong aphrodisiac properties which effectively treats numerous sexual disorders in men without causing any side effects.
- It increase the sperm count and quality of sperms in men and also sperm motility. Hence used widely in treating infertility problems.
- The intake of Mushli helps men to increase the libido.
- It boosts the strength and sexual power for longer intercourse sessions.
- Mushli balances the blood sugar level thereby checking diabetes.
- Mushli is used to prevent or manage Urinary tract infections, urine inconsistency, painful bleeding or urination.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which relieves joint pains and inflammation.
- It is used to treat kidney stones, gall bladder stones, dry sores and acne.
- It is also used in treating constipation, nerve pain, neuritis, parasitic illness and cancer.
- The herb is used to traditional as a nutritional supplement for mother and fetus during pregnancy.
- It is also administered to new mother’s post-partum to replenish the lost fluids in the body.