Ayurvedic Treatment – Best Cure for Depression
Summary: Depression is a very common problem these days. Almost everyone experiences depression in his or her life at some point of time. You can see many types of depression such as mood disorder, frustration, anger, sadness, etc. Ayurvedic treatment for depression efficiently cures the mental state of a person.
Depression or clinical depression is a mental state of sadness or chronic despair. Any person suffering from depression leaves social life and mostly spends time in isolation. Anyone with depression fails to find the motivation to do anything in his or her life. You can also look for depression treatment in Ayurveda in Hindi.
Causes of Depression
It is difficult to pinpoint the particular factors as the reasons for depression. Many factors contribute to depression. A few prime reasons of depression are imbalanced diet, stressful life, drug or alcohol consumption, psychological factors, etc.
Ayurvedic Depression Treatment
- Modern medicine use very strong medicines to treat the depression. Instead, Ayurveda uses a milder approach to lift depression. The need of Ayurvedic treatment for depression involves ayurvedic medicine for anxiety and panic attacks, meditation, drinking lots of water, etc. It is very important to follow a fixed schedule to get rid of depression.
- Reactive depression is caused by financial debacle, tragedy, love failure, etc. The common symptoms can be sleeplessness, thoughtfulness, forgetfulness, etc. Usually, these symptoms go with the passing of time. Meditation is a great brain tonic in Ayurveda.
- Ayurveda recommends counselling of a physician. It is because a physician would identify the cause of depression and advise some remedies.
- Ayurvedic oil massage for your head like shirobasti and Shirodhara are also highly recommended. Apart from this, a full body massage such as abhyanga is also useful. Depression treatment in Ayurveda in Hindi is extremely beneficial for you.
- Listening to music, visiting the temple, mingling with people, etc. are also advisable to improve your mood.
- Practising yoga is considered a perfect brain tonic in Ayurveda that balances your mind and calms your mental state.
Understanding Depression and Its Types
Ayurveda identified the main cause of depression. These are the imbalance in three Doshas i.e. Pitta, Vata, and Kapha. These Doshas are bioenergetics forces. They govern and control your health and physical condition. From the point of view of Ayurveda, depression is a sign of imbalance in your body.
- Vata Induced Depression – It is normally associated with anxiety, fear, sleeplessness, and nervousness. It gets serious by loneliness.
- Pitta Induced Depression – It is generally associated with making mistakes or fear of failure that leads to anger. It sometimes leads to suicidal tendencies. This depression might occur in a mild form to those who are addicted to success. It is more frequent in winter and is sometimes seasonal.
- Kapha Induced Depression – It creates the feeling of being weighed down. It is associated with sleepiness, excess sleep, obesity, and a feeling of being wasted.
Ayurvedic Medication Used to Cure Depression
Ayurveda is India’s natural and traditional system of medicine. It believes that there is no mental health without the physical health because body and mind are inseparably integrated. There are different Ayurvedic herbs used in depression treatment such as:
- Ashwagandha: It is also called Withania Somnifera or Winter Cherry. It is one of the main herbs to rejuvenate the body in Ayurveda. It is a popular semen promoter. It also treats infertility and impotence. Ashwagandha herb is grown in Western India and used for anxiety treatment in Ayurveda.
- Brahmi: It is also called Bacopa or Gotu Kola. It is a very popular herb all over the world. It is a perfect memory booster and promotes the alertness of your mind. It offers a clear, calm mind, and improves your mental function. Brahmi is used as a Rasayana since centuries. It is a good ayurvedic medicine for anxiety and panic attacks.
- Guggulu: It is also called as Guggul in the Hindi language. The other names of Guggulu are Shuddha Guggulu and Commiphora Mukul. It is a very trustworthy and important herb of Ayurveda. It is an essential herb for anxiety treatment in Ayurveda. It is also effective in treating the joint pains and arthritis.
All you need to do is stay calm and patient enough during Ayurvedic treatment. It is a bit slow process but you get rid of your problem permanently and get a healthy life again.