Effective Ayurvedic Treatment for Insomnia to Deal with Sleep Disorder
SUMMARY: Health issues have become a rising and turbulent factor which has expanded its source and symptoms irrespective of gender and age. Chronic sleeplessness or Insomnia is the disruptive sleeping routine of an individual giving rise to other health problems and this is very common these days. Apart from just stress, there are many medical conditions that lead to insomnia and need proper treatment. However, besides the extensive allopathic treatments, there is an option for Ayurvedic remedies for Insomnia to combat sleeplessness, which is safe, effective and even reliable to be used for long term. Many herbs and natural mixtures can help you to get rid of sleepless nights.
Complex and more concerning topics have come up which are in dire need of treatment therapies. Certain treatments of major illnesses often have the risk of side effects. To avoid that and avail a natural mode of treatment therapy which is suitable for the body, people seek for Ayurveda. Ayurvedic medicine for Insomnia is a great way to treat the habitual sleeplessness of an insomniac person. That relieves him from the disorder minus the serious side effects caused by treatments.
Causes and Symptoms of Insomnia
Discussing the causes and symptoms of the illness will provide an all-encompassing knowledge about it. Listed below are the essential causes:
- Medical Conditions: Often a lot of troubling syndromes that occurs inside the human body cause disruptive sleeping habits. This includes chronic pain, asthma, arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome and stroke.
- Changing Situations: Changes in job shift or high altitudes also take away sleep. Changing weather conditions like extreme heat, cold or environmental noise causes inability to sleep.
- Mental Issues: Long stretches of depressing situations, anxiety, a psychotic and bipolar disorder also harm sleep and keeps the person awake at night.
- Other Factors: Hormonal changes during menstruation often cause a problem while sleeping. Sleeping next to a snoring partner or a bed infected with parasites is a great disturbance to sleep.
The symptoms associated with insomnia which is generally detected are as follows:
- Difficulty in falling asleep at night and lethargy during the day. Also a feeling of tiredness during the day and often wanting to sleep.
- Staying awake at night as well as waking up earlier than desired.
- Depression, anxiety, and irritability along with poor concentration and focus in work or studies.
- Tension and headaches creeping up more frequently than before leading to disturbed mental states.
- Problem in socializing
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
Herbal Remedies for Insomnia for the Suffering Patients
Many tried and tested medicines have failed and created a nuisance out of the side effects it created on patients. For this, people resort to herbal remedies. An excellent mix of certain herbs which replenish and strengthen the brain can help people recover from sleeplessness. Herbal remedies for Insomnia constitutes a natural holistic solution for this disorder. Some herbal home remedies to treat insomnia are mentioned below:
- During bedtime, drink a glass of lukewarm water which consists of 1.5 grams of dried powder of mint kept in the water for 15-20 minutes. Add a tea spoon of honey and mix it well before drinking.
- A glass of whole milk (which has the cream in it) with green cardamom powder also serves the purpose.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of licorice root powder in a glass of milk and drink it early in the morning before having anything.
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon honey in a cup of warm milk before going to bed also helps.
- A very useful mix that helps to fight sleeplessness is Brahmi and Ashwagandha powder. Mix 1 teaspoon of each in 2 cups of water, boil and reduce to one cup. Drink this daily in the morning to reduce stress and headache.
- Almond milk is another great source to summon sleep. It has calcium too. Drink it before going to bed which would enable you to relax.
To conclude, sleep deprivation is an issue which requires attention before the victim falls prey to fatal consequences. Getting acquainted with the symptoms and causes is the first step to prevent sleeplessness from spreading. Ayurvedic treatment for Insomnia is an excellent research made to eradicate sleeplessness which can be trusted by people due to its minimised risks of side effects.
More and more people are resorting to Ayurvedic medicine for Insomnia and are blessed with results that are extremely beneficial. Ayurveda believes the ever functioning nervous system to be fatigued by the daily chores of human life. Hence it aims at calming the nerves which eventually treats Insomnia with the time tested blend of fine herbs which impart their precious goodness to fight illness.