Treasures of Nature (Prakriti Ka Khazana) – Hingupatri
Hingupatri is a perennial herb found in the north-western Himalayas, especially on the dry slopes. It is also found in abundance in Kashmir, Ladakh, and Spiti in Himachal Pradesh. The plant produces a bunch of radical leaves around the base of the flowering axis and has eminent medicinal values.
The leaves of the plant have the highest medical potentialities with a growth of 50cm long. It is suggested to have a pungent smell but when used in cooked dishes, it delivers a smooth and eminent flavour. It has high medicinal values along with the quality of adding taste and texture to Indian food items. Hingupatri is vehemently used in herbal medicines for the treatment of the digestive and mental ailment.
According to certain research studies, it has been proven that extracted Hingupatri has antispasmodic property and hypotensive effects by which it reduces blood pressure and has benefits in muscle spasms.
Medicinal Properties of Hingupatri
Hingupatri possesses certain healing properties like:
- Anti- cancer
- Mild Tranquilizer
- Mild Sedative
- Digestive Stimulant
- Fat Burner
- Muscles Relaxant
Hingupatri has a number of therapeutic benefits in curing different health conditions and diseases.
- Nervous System And Brain – Hysteria emotional excesses beyond control, Epilepsy, Depression, general paralysis and paralysis of the face, Sciatica.
- Cardiac and Blood conditions – Reduce high cholesterol levels and Atherosclerosis.
- Respiratory Organs –Asthma, Productive cough, Chronic Bronchitis, Swine Flu(H1N1), Whooping cough.
- Improves Digestion – Aids in improving appetite cures indigestion, flatulence or gas, eliminates abdominal distension or bloating; cures irritable bowel syndrome and upset stomach.
- Muscles, Joints and Bones – Muscle spasms, low backache, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Women Health – Aids in dealing with premenstrual syndrome, membranous dysmenorrhoea, and secondary amenorrhea.
- Hair and Skin – Corns and Calluses.
Dosage and Safety Measures
Hingupatri is safe and beneficial only in lower amounts. Overdosage may lead to various health problems and allergies. When consumed in excessive amounts, side effects are shown in certain people:
- Acidity and heartburn
- A headache
Ayurvedic research says that Hingupatri has hot potency. This implies that it produces a large amount of heat within the human body once consumed. Thus, if you are sensitive to heat, it is better to avoid this herb. Even people who have chronic troubles of heat sensation, gastritis, burning sensation and bleeding disorders should not take this herb.
Hingupatri is known to lead to uterine contractions. This can again bring the chances of miscarriage. Considered highly unsafe during pregnancy, be careful to check all labels if you take Ayurvedic medication during this phase. So the proper uses of this beneficial plant are very necessary.