Hirabol (Commiphora myrrha)
Treasures of Nature (Prakriti Ka Khazana) – Hirabol
Hirabol (Latin name - Commiphora myrrha), a spiny herb which is primarily used to produce resin made from the dried tree sap is a native tree of Arabian Peninsula and Africa. It is commonly found in countries like Oman, Yemen, Ethiopia, Somalia, North Eastern Kenya and others. It is mainly known for its use post pregnancy. Hirabol is dry, light digest, bitter, pungent and is known for its hot potency. Gum/resin of Hirabol is used in medicnal purposes. It can cure tridosha i.e. vata daosha, pitta dosha and kapha dosha.
Properties of Hirabol:
Therapeutic uses of Hirabol:
- It improves the appetite, digestion strength.
- It is has aphrodisiac properties which improves vigor.
- It is mainly used in post pregnancy medicine, which is known to clean the female reproductive system.
- It is also used to treat leucorrhea and heavy periods.
- Usage of Hirabol continuously is believed to improve the intelligence.
- It is used in treating fever and epilepsy.
- Hemorrhoids and skin diseases are treated using Hirabol.
- It treats the issues related to blood impurity and vitiation such as acne, skin allergies, bleeding issues etc.
- Hirabol is very helpful in treating fractures and people with lack of sweating.
- Hirabol effectively lowers the blood sugar level which aids in balancing diabetes.
- The oil made from Hirabol can be applied externally to stop bleeding, heal wounds and inflammation.
- Hirabol has properties which stimulates the immune system, tones the mucous tissues.
- It fights the bad breath in mouth and to reduce the periodontal diseases.
- Hirabol is used used in treating asthma, cold, flu, herpes, sinusitis and ulcers.
- Since ancient times, Hirabol is used in perfumes due to its aromatic properties and also as insect repellants.