Treasures of Nature (Prakriti Ka Khazana) – Rajbala (Bala)
Rajbala is used as an Ayurveda medicine mostly used in India. It is also known as just Bala and is not as much cultivated, but mostly grows as a weed in unusual areas and roadsides. It is used as a dried raw plant for medicinal purposes. The plant is seasonal native to the Indian subcontinent. It belongs to the cotton plant species, Malvaceae and the flowers are generally yellow in colour with an orange-yellow coloured centre. It is immensely nutritive by nature and helps to cure many diseases.
Generally considered as an immensely hairy weed plant, it is known to contaminate hay. It is known to be an invasive weed in certain countries like Australia and not taken into much regard.
Rajbala is found to have various names in Sanskrit such as bhumibala and nagabala. Its scientific name is Sida Veronicae folia.
The Uses of Rajbala
- It is sweet and sour to taste and helps to bring back one's appetite. They can sometimes be bitter in taste as well. Thus also helps to fight liver diseases and increases the patient’s immunity abilities.
- It cleanses the urinary system very thoroughly and prevents diseases like cystitis. Apart from the urinary system, it has been proven that Rajbala has some great rejuvenating effects on the nervous and the circulatory system as well.
- Speaking of the circulatory system, Rajbala enhances the rate of flow and circulation rhythm of the blood in our body.
- It soothes the bowel system of our body. Rajbala helps to cure diarrhoea and bleeding piles as well. It cools down the body and helps the body to relax. It helps to bring down your body temperature during high fevers.
- Along with diarrhoea and dysentery, Rajbala is proved to be a solution to sexually transmitted infections as well. It is a good and effective cure for gonorrhoea.
- Rajbala can also be used in the treatment of bronchitis, asthma, nasal congestion and stomatitis too.
- The oil of Rajbala is known the bring relief to sour muscles and joints. This is why it is so effective for rheumatoid arthritis.
- It rejuvenates your body internally and prevents any kind of weakness. It also helps to cure injuries to one’s internal organs.
With regular use of Sida Veronicaefolia, one can forget problems of the liver and heart. It has a high content of ephedrine, which helps to strengthen the central nervous system of our body. It is anti-inflammatory in nature and helps to stop the multiplication of hazardous cells. Thus it is a good cure for cancer.