Rasna (Alpinia Galanga)
Treasures of Nature (Prakriti Ka Khazana) – Rasna
A member of Sun flower family, Rasna is a flowering plant which is an annual or perennial herb, shrub or tree. It has variation in its morphology of leaves, fruits and flowers. The whole plant or the leaves are used in making beverages or medicines. Rasna is a popular choice to prepare beverages like tea, curries, soups and even in fresh cold juice.
The plant is used in Ayurvedic medicines, Tibetian, African and American folk medicines from centuries. It is used as a natural cure for many neurological disorders like neuritis, sciatica and chronic inflammation of nervous system. Even Rasna can cure the constipation or flatulence issues.
It is a popular choice as ‘Rasayana’ which delays the aging process due to its anti-ageing properties. The antitoxic properties can remove the toxins from body.
Medicinal Uses of Rasna:
- Used to treat Vata disorders and rheumatoid arthritis.
- An excellent medicine useful in treating respiratory problems like asthma, pleuritic, bronchitis and chest pain.
- Used in treating digestive diseases like flatulence, abdominal pain, colic pain, bloating and indigestion.
- Rasna is very useful in treating anomalies related to female genital system like amenorrhea and dysmenorrhea.
- It has anti-pyretic properties which is useful in skin diseases like worm infection, itching, irritable skin and eczema.
- The anti-ageing properties of Rasna helps delaying the ageing process.
- Rsana nourishes the skin and tissue layers and reduces the inflammation.
- Rasna reduces the joint pains, alleviates dryness in joints and can treat many neurological disorders.
- The leaves of Rasna are used as laxative, analgesic and antipyretic.
- The traditional medicines use Rasna to treat arthritis problems.
- It purifies the blood and reduces the toxins in blood due to its anti-toxic properties.
- It has its importance in treating disorders related to musculoskeletal system and also to cure tuberculosis.