Best Herbs to Reduce Hair Fall
Summary - Hair fall can be considered as a warning for ailments affecting your body. Thus, taking good care of your body as well as your hair health is necessary. There are several factors leading to hair loss. Some of them are stress, hormonal changes, and nutritional deficiencies. There are a lot of herbal solutions for hair fall that can be tried out to improve hair health. Some of the best herbs include Aloe Vera, sage, rosemary, Amla, hibiscus and much more that have been discussed here. They work wonders in reducing hair loss, strengthening the roots of your hair, repair damaged hair, and provide nutrition to the scalp and hair.
Hair fall is a very common problem these days. Usually, cosmetic procedures are opted to control the trouble. However, chronic hair fall needs a deep rooted treatment plan and long term attention. Often many underlying health conditions lead to hair fall apart from dirt and pollution. Hair fall is one of the early signs of deterioration in your health condition. Thus, even if it is temporary, hair fall should not be neglected and must be taken care of.
Causes of Hair Fall
There are a number of factors that cause hair loss in people. Some of the common causes are:
- Physical or emotional strain
- Auto-immune diseases
- Vitamin B and protein deficiency
- Wrong medication and anti-depressants
- Bad hair health
- Hormonal imbalances
Herbs That Cure Hair Fall
Taking proper care of your hair in terms of cleaning and moisturising is necessary in order to stop hair fall. Besides maintaining a balanced diet, there are several herbal solutions for hair fall that can be adhered to, in order to repair damaged hair.
Following are some of the best herbs that can be used to reduce hair fall:
- Holy Basil or Tulsi Leaves: Basil leaves contain magnesium and eugenol that help to increase the blood flow to the scalp. Massaging basil juice into your hair helps in stimulating blood circulation and hence reduces hair fall. The basil juice also adds moisture to your hair thus improving your hair health. This leads to regeneration of hair follicles and improved hair growth.
- Neem Leaves: Neem’s anti-bacterial qualities kill the germs in your scalp. It also helps you get rid of dandruff and itchy scalp. It improves your hair health, increases blood circulation to the scalp and boosts hair growth.
- Ginseng: Ginseng increases blood flow to your scalp and adds nutrition and volumn to your hair. This boosts hair growth to a great extent.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is considered to be one of the best natural remedies for hair growth. Aloe Vera contains certain healing properties that help to reduce hair fall. It contains necessary vitamins and minerals that add nutrients to your scalp and improve hair growth. Besides stimulating blood flow to your scalp, Aloe Vera also balances your scalp’s pH level, eradicates dandruff and reduces sebum production.
- Bhringraj Leaves: Bhringraj leaves are one of the most popular herbal remedies that stop hair fall. It prevents baldness and premature greying and results in healthy looking hair.
- Hibiscus Flowers: Hibiscus Flowers are abundant in vitamins, amino acids, and Alpha Hydroxy acids that provide nutrients to your hair and make them healthy. It fights premature ageing of hair and stops hair fall.
- Rosemary: Rosemary is an evergreen herb that is rich in vitamins and has anti-bacterial qualities. It improves scalp health and rejuvenates hair growth. The antioxidant qualities in Rosemary help to detoxify the scalp. Rosemary also fights premature greying of hair.
- Sage Leaves: Sage strengthen your hair as the herbs’ antiseptic and anti-allergic qualities make your scalp healthy and promote hair growth. Sage is rich in magnesium, zinc, vitamins B and C and potassium that is beneficial for the hair.
- Brahmi or Gotu Kola: Brahmi provides nutrition to your hair and prevents dandruff, dry scalp, and itchy scalp. It covers the hair follicles thus preventing your hair from any damages. It reduces split ends and nourishes the roots of your hair. This leads to the strengthening of your hair and thus reduces hair fall.
- Curry Leaves: The medicinal properties in curry leaves help stimulate hair growth. Curry leaves are rich in proteins, amino acids, beta-carotene and antioxidants that prevent thinning of hair by strengthening and nourishing the hair follicles.
- Indian Gooseberry or Amla: Amla contains carotene and iron that strengthens your hair from within and stops hair fall. Amla is used for treating dry and itchy scalp as well as dandruff problems. The presence of vitamin C in Amla prevents your hair from premature greying and also restores its shine and vitality.
All the herbs discussed here show amazing results if used for a long tenure and help you prevent hairfall without any strong medications or steroids.