Facts about Depression Symptoms
Well, what is depression? Each one has his/her own definition of depression or feeling depressed. In general, depression is a mood disorder that is characterized by low mood and a range of other symptoms that vary from one person to another. However, there are some common depression symptoms. It is crucial to remember that depression symptoms can be part and parcel of normal lows of life. But, if you have more symptoms, it means they are much stronger and they have lasted longer. When depression symptoms become disabling and overwhelming, it is time to seek help.
You Suffer from Depression if You Experience the Following Signs and Symptoms:
- You notice change in weight and appetite. You experience considerable weight loss or gain.
- You tend to sleep less or sleep more.
- You often feel angry or irritable. You are easily prone to agitation, restlessness and sometimes violence. The tolerance level becomes too low, temper falls short and almost everyone and everything gets on your nerves.
- There is loss of energy making you feel sluggish, fatigued and almost physically drained. The body seems heavy and even minor tasks take longer time to complete and are exhausting.
- You have problems with concentration, have trouble focusing, remembering things and making decisions.
- You feel helpless and hopeless. Nothing seems getting better and in fact there is nothing you could do to improve your situation.
- You tend to lose interest in daily activities. There is significant loss of interest in former pastimes, social activities, hobbies or sex; in general, you are not able to feel pleasure and joy.
- You indulge in escapist behaviour like compulsive gambling, substance abuse, dangerous sports or reckless driving.
- You suffer from unexplained pains and aches.
- You experience frequent and strong feelings of guilt or worthlessness.
Know More about Depression Symptoms and Effective Depression Treatment
If you experience a few or more of the depression symptoms mentioned above, it is important that you resort to some reliable treatment option to eliminate the root cause of the condition. Though modern science has learned to address the primary causes of depression, for centuries, herbal medicine has provided effective treatment options to fight depression symptoms.
Ayurveda, the traditional medicine of India, advocates herbal massage, meditation, and yoga that increases the energy of life and eventually cures depression. A mixture of Brahmi powder and Ashwagandha steeped in water for ten minutes and consumed twice or thrice a day is known to reduce depression symptoms significantly. Another popular natural remedy for depression is widely recommended; it is drinking a “kashaayam” or herbal tea made from Indian basil or tulsi and sage. Moreover, massaging the body and head with herbal oil followed by having a hot water bath seems to do wonders for both body and mind. Or, it is a great option to drink a natural herbal nerve tonic such as the Supragya that offers a sure cure for depression. Unlike anti-depressants, Supragya is non-invasive, does not cause any side effects and offers a permanent cure for depression and associated symptoms.
Besides herbal remedies, yoga and meditation techniques also help in overcoming depression symptoms to a great extent. By focusing on peaceful and calm things, the mind seems to counter the negative energy within and slowly overcome depression.
Each 10ml contains extract from:
Each Capsule contains water extract from:
Dose: 25 ml of Ark* with equal quantity of water + 2 capsules – once (low), twice (medium) or thrice (high) a day after meals.
* It is always good to start with 10ml and 2 capsules dose. Increase the liquid dose by 5ml every third day till you reach 25ml.