The Symptoms of Depression and How Ayurveda Provides a Cure
Summary- Depression is getting too common these days. One should know about the symptoms of depression to help affected people with Ayurvedic medicine for nerves strength that is mentioned below.
The most dangerous disease is that which people don’t think is real. They pass it off as something that is just a phase. Some say that it is all in the head. Do these descriptions seem familiar? These were just two examples of how many people describe depression. The lack of knowledge and sensitivity towards nerves problem has resulted in depression to rank high among the causes of death worldwide. Countless drives and campaigns later, most people have realized that depression is real and a person suffering from it requires professional help.
Causes and Symptoms of Depression
Nervous weakness combines with genetic factors, hormonal changes, stress, grief, and other medical illnesses leads to depression, researchers believe. While the exact cause differs from person to person, the effects are not quite obvious initially. Most people who suffer from it do not show any behavioural changes until their depression gets worse. This makes its detection and diagnosis even more difficult. The following symptoms are the most common of depression.
- Emotional: These are emotionally charged symptoms that are the most difficult to detect. While emotional swings are not necessarily a symptom of depression, long periods of such could be a sign. A depressed person most often shows feelings of sadness, guilt, hopelessness, angry outbursts, and a loss of interest in social activities. Introvert people are more prone to depression.
- Mental: Multiple problems occur with people who suffer from depression. Obvious indications are trouble concentrating, distracting thoughts, inability to make decisions, thinking of harming oneself, trouble remembering things, and even hallucinations in the case of severe depression.
- Behavioural: People who have depression tend to hide their feelings as much as possible. Blame the societal pressure to perfectly handle themselves and their responsibilities for this. That is why a depressed person might not inhibit these behaviours for a long while and the depression goes untreated. They withdraw from people they used to mix with, abuse drugs, miss work or school, and attempt to harm themselves.
- Physical: Physical symptoms can surface in early stages of depression itself. However, they are vague enough at that time to correctly diagnose the disease. That is why people often write these indications off as lethargy. Sleeping too much, feeling tired all the time, changes in food habits, gaining or losing weight suddenly, and reproductive problems are all physical symptoms of depression.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Depression
It is not easy to cope with depression alone. Top that up with misunderstandings and people blaming the depressed person which causes them to snap sooner or later. Suicides are often the result. However, the scene is changing as more people gain realization about depression and helping people suffering. In this grim situation, there is hope for depressed people. While anti-depressant pills solve problems temporarily for them, Ayurveda offers a permanent solution.
- Asparagus powder and honey form a powerful mixture to combat depression.
- Another mixture that is effective is the Ashwagandha powder with pure ghee.
- Ayurvedic experts also recommend patients with depression to boil celery seeds, green cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and rose petals in water. Drinking it while lukewarm calms the nerves
Truth be told, depression is unavoidable. The stressful lifestyle that has become a norm causes unnecessary negative pressure on every person. Failure and inabilities also lead to distress and mental disorders. However, Ayurveda is the answer for all kinds of nervous weaknesses that people suffer from. Specially formulated Ayurvedic medicines help in treating many diseases without causing any side-effects. Increased availability of articles on depression treatment in Ayurveda in Hindi has helped many to embrace this path for cure.