Diabetes Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Our sedentary lifestyle and poor health choices have inevitably led to the spread of hazardous diseases. Diabetes and heart disease are just two among many others. Gone are the days when a headache and fever were the only sicknesses among adults. Nowadays, anyone and everyone are falling prey to deadly diseases with the number increasing every day.
Ayurveda has bestowed upon humankind some of the most effective natural remedies for sugar. Following is a list of diabetes herbs which are believed to be crucial in any sugar control medicine in Ayurveda.
Amla/Indian gooseberry (Embelica officinalis)
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
Bael (Aegle marmelos)
Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestre)
Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
Onion (Allium cepa)
Neem (Azadirachta indica)
Garlic (Allium sativum)
Aloe Vera Juice
Below are few detailed Ayurvedic remedies for diabetes to create awareness and to help those in need.
- Karela or Bitter Gourd: This is one of the most fruitful diabetic medicine in Ayurveda. Consuming one spoon/30ml daily on empty stomach alone can help lower blood sugar levels in blood and urine. How to prepare?1. Karela or Bitter Gourd: This is one of the most fruitful diabetic medicine in Ayurveda. Consuming one spoon/30ml daily on empty stomach alone can help lower blood sugar levels in blood and urine. How to prepare?
- Remove the seeds of bitter gourd and crush in a grinder. A Little bit of water may be added to reduce the bitter taste. Sieve it before having.
- Dry Bitter Gourd: Cut them into small pieces and fry along with mustard oil, onion, green chillies and salt as required.
- Warm a glass of milk and while on gas, put 1 tbsp. ground fenugreek seeds and 1 tsp. turmeric. Its intake should be limited to twice daily.
- Soak 1 tbsp. fenugreek seeds and leave it overnight. Chew them next morning.
- Chapattis with methi powder can also be prepared. Make sure to have in the limit.
- Grind 3-4 amlas depending upon the size. Strain and drink this daily on empty stomach. You can also add turmeric to increase its nutrient properties.
- Powder of Amla fruit can also be consumed with water twice daily to regulate sugar levels.
- Extract 1 tbsp. of gel from fresh Aloe Vera plant and mix with ½ tbsp. ground bay leaf and ½ tbsp. turmeric. Have this mixture twice daily before lunch and dinner to lower sugar and maintain glucose levels.
Warm 1 glass of filtered water and add 3-4 tbsp. of cinnamon powder. Let it cool and strain this mixture and consume every day.
Note: If you have liver damage, avoid this herb as Cinnamon is known to worsen the condition.
The key to successfully cure any disease is persistence, no matter how difficult the situation is. All Ayurvedic remedies for diabetes would show its magic when followed timely and with dedication. Ayurveda is known to uproot the disease in entirety but it is also known to take its own healing time. Any medicine would work if you make healthy food choices, exercise and take care of your body as a temple.
Disclaimer: The information provided above is merely health advice and not medical advice. The reader shall consult an experienced Ayurvedic doctor or medical professional for their individual needs. The publisher does not hold any liability in the event of reader’s loss.