Diabetes: Types, Effects, and How Ayurveda Tackles It Head-On
Summary: Fighting with diabetes is a daily war for those affected. As medical science struggles to completely cure it, diabetes treatment in Ayurveda can bring a permanent change in your life.
Do you feel thirsty too often lately? Has the need to urinate disrupted your concentration frequently? Are your hunger pangs not going away even after eating? You must go for a blood test as soon as possible. Chances are high that you have diabetes. Many people around the world have fallen victim to this disease. While it does not ruin lives like other incurable diseases, diabetes can become a burden to live with. However, it does take lives so you should not treat it lightly.
Diabetes affects people who live a sedimentary lifestyle, have a bad diet, and have obesity problems. People above the age of 45 are prone to it, and those above 65 could already have it without them knowing. While age and lifestyle play a significant role in causing diabetes, pregnant women often get it too. Gestational diabetes occurs during pregnancy and it increases the risk of contracting a much more serious form of diabetes later on. Along with these reasons, high blood pressure, low HDL cholesterol, and high triglyceride levels also contribute to high blood sugar.
Types of Diabetes
Apart from Gestational diabetes, there are two major forms of diabetes- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes: This occurs when the body does not produce insulin. As it makes a person dependent on insulin usually before their 40th birthday, it is also referred to as insulin-dependent diabetes, juvenile diabetes, and early-onset diabetes. This type of diabetes is not common, as only 10% of all diabetics suffer from it. Patients with Type 1 diabetes have to take insulin injections for the rest of their lives.
- Type 2 Diabetes: The most common form of diabetes, with 90% of all diabetes cases belonging to it, Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body does not produce enough insulin. In some cases, the cells resist the insulin that the body produces. In early stages, people can get better by losing weight, exercising regularly, and maintaining a healthy diet. It gets worse over time due to inaction and the patient has to consume insulin in tablet form later.
How Can Ayurvedic Remedies for Diabetes Help?
As you can see, an unhealthy lifestyle results in diabetes. To counter the effects that it has, one has to make sure that their food, drinks, and way of living is in a perfect line. Ayurveda offers them a great rescue rope. But they have to catch it and pull themselves up in order to beat diabetes. Diabetes treatment in Ayurveda not only focuses on controlling sugar levels. It rejuvenates the body to balance itself and makes sure that no complications arise in the future after it is cured.
Here are some Ayurvedic tips that are natural and you can easily follow at home. With these Ayurvedic remedies for diabetes, you can expect to tackle the effects of this disease in the long term.
- Include more whole grains in your diet. Brown rice, wheat bread, and pasta are good options.
- Consume non-fat milk and milk products.
- Increase consumption of garlic, onion, spinach, bitter gourd, and black plum.
- Avoid sweet fruits like pineapple, grapes, and mangoes.
Regarding the lifestyle that you must lead, the following tips come handy.
- Make a schedule for exercise. Walking and running are effective. Brisk walking is good for aged people. A 30-40 minutes brisk walk session in the morning and evening is great exercise too.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
You can also get Ayurvedic medicine for sugar control that is specially formulated for diabetic patients. With the natural remedies that you get from Ayurveda, you can confidently take on Diabetes.